Mr. Alvarez-Hernandez provides training and consultation in diverse areas.
Some of the topics include:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Social Work Practice
- Cultural Competence
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness and Communication
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
- LGBTQ* populations
- Stress Management and Anxiety
Recent trainings and presentations include:
- Ser LGBTI: Análisis psicosocial y político de la población de la diversidad sexual en América Latina y Los Estados Unidos de América.
- Y me Llamaron Ilegal y Pervertido: The Effects of Political and Discriminatory Rhetoric on Undocumented and LGBTQ Communities.
- Brown, Queer, and Undocumented: Trauma in Today’s Political Climate.
- The LGBTTQQIAAP Acronym: What it means and why should social work care.
- Understanding the rainbow: Social work considerations on diversity and needs of LGBTTQQIAAP populations.
- When “culture” and “competence” collide: A Dialectic and Uniqueness Awareness Approach.
- HIV/AIDS and trauma.
- The intersection between policy and social work practice.
- Verbal De-escalation Training.
- Social responsibility and working with the disenfranchised.
- Understanding the trans* colors of the rainbow.
- Substance use and HIV/AIDS.
- Working with interpreters in mental health settings.
- What to expect in mental health interpreting.
- Look who is coming to dinner: Assessing racial and ethnic identity.
- A Look at Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and HIV.